Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Benefits of the Doubt

Sometimes I wonder how good of a work can a professional translation company offer besides a pretentious notary stamp.

I recently had to hire translation service to translate some documents for me and my husband for immigration procedures. I was quoted $190 to translate 2 birth certificates and when I received the work, the place of birth and date of birth were translated wrong (these are probably the most important parts of the document) and I had to proof read for them. So much for paying $190.

It makes me wonder how accurate can the translation be when you are sending documents that you have no clue about to the so-called professionals. Parents, if you ever have doubts please do contact us. There is no harm of writing to us at no cost to you.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. And most people needing documents translated wouldn't know if they are right or wrong. I hope they redid them and notorized them quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did redo it and I told them some of the translation mistake is really not acceptable. I am not recommending them in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete